This programme has been developed by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) and will be facilitated by experienced Chairs of Governors /Governance Development Professionals on behalf of Edge Hill University.
The Programme complements Sheffield’s own Chairs’ Training Course and participation in both programmes (perhaps in successive years) is the ideal.
The Programme is open to all Chairs of Governors, whether new, experienced or aspiring. It is also open to Vice-Chairs and attendance by the Chair and Vice-chair of a single school has proved a particularly powerful model for developing governance at school level.
The Programme gives participants the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through facilitated workshops, online activities, personal reflection and school-based learning. School improvement is a key theme across the Programme, which is divided into three units:
- Unit 1: The role of the chair
- Unit 2: Effective governance
- Unit 3: School improvement
The programme includes:
- two full-day workshops over 5-6 months, providing opportunities to collaborate and learn with peers from schools and academies across South Yorkshire
- opportunities to reflect on leadership practice
- practical school-based activities leading to school improvement
- accessible interactive online content
- an online leadership diagnostic to guide your development
If you would like to find out more about the Programme, an information session will be held at the Mary Woollett Centre, Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF, on Thursday 22 October, 6.00 pm to 7.15 pm. This is free of charge.
The fee for the Programme is, notionally, £400 per participant; however, the NCTL provides scholarships which reduce the cost to £200 per participant (or £80 for participants from schools with 100 or fewer pupils).
To book a place at the Information Session, please phone Edge Hill University on 01257 517128 or email [email protected].
Further information is available at here